The Impact of Mold in Your Home – Information From a Portland OR Mold Removal Specialist

Mold is an aspect of your home that often gets a bad rap, and this is for a good reason. The black infestation that you are seeing in your basement, bathroom, or other humid space is more than just unsightly. It can also be hazardous to your and your family’s health. If it spreads, the spores can begin to circulate around your home, and even in dry areas can get into your airways. Residents who have allergies or certain sensitivities can experience symptoms such as:

  • Stuffy noses
  • Irritated eyes
  • Irritated skin
  • Wheezing
  • Fever
  • Shortness of breath
  • Asthma attacks

Even for those who are healthy, mold can still be a problem. They can still experience coughing and wheezing when coming into contact with mold spores. In some situations these symptoms can lead to lung infections or other chronic problems. There are several forms of household molds, there’s no need to try to figure out which one you have, once you notice mold in your home, you have a mold problem. In order to make sure your home is healthy and mold free, follow some of these tips:

  • Keep the humidity levels in your house to between 40 to 60 percent.
  • Ventilate moist areas as much as possible.
  • Consider a humidifier that can measure the relative humidity in your home. Clean this device often to make sure that it does not grow mold.
  • If you have a mold problem, make sure to use those rubber gloves and protective eyewear. Using bleach and soap, is important.

If you feel like your mold problem is something that cannot be handled on your own, click here to contact MoldEaters, your Portland OR mold removal specialists today.

mold Portland Oregon